SureFire Unveils World’s Finest Auto-Adjusting Flashlight: The New P2X Fury With IntelliBeam Technology.
Fountain Valley, CA — SureFire, LLC, manufacturer of the world’s finest—and most innovative—illumination tools and tactical products, is releasing its first auto-adjusting flashlight—an IntelliBeam™ version of the popular P2X Fury. This new Fury with proprietary IntelliBeam™ Technology (P2XIB) features an intelligent sensor and microprocessor-based system that continuously and seamlessly adjusts light output by constantly evaluating your surroundings. This model always delivers the right amount of light for the task at hand.
This cutting-edge technology also helps preserve dark-adapted vision by evaluating the environment before turning on, so it never activates on high in close quarters. If you’re in an open field, you’ll get all 600 lumens. If you’re prepping gear or loading a vehicle, it will dial in the necessary output based on the environmental feedback it receives, down to as little as 15 lumens. Just press or click the tailcap switch to engage this auto-adjusting mode. To override this mode, simply return to off and press or click again within one second to activate the max-output/tactical mode. This second press or click locks in all 600 lumens where maximum output is needed. The P2XIB defaults to IntelliBeam mode when it’s off for more than one second.
The P2X Fury with IntelliBeam Technology—like all Fury models—uses a high-performance LED to deliver its broad, intense light that’s focused by its reflector into a smooth, wide beam with a bright central area and generous peripheral light. The high-strength aerospace aluminum body is knurled to provide a comfortable yet secure grip and it is hard anodized to military specifications (Mil-Spec Type III) for extreme resistance to abrasion and corrosion.
The P2XIB is powered by two 123A lithium batteries (included) and has a MSRP of $229. It’s available for purchase via authorized SureFire dealers.
- IntelliBeam™ Technology automatically and seamlessly adjusts light output from 15 to 600 lumens depending on environmental conditions
- Its high-performance LED and parabolic reflector create a smooth, highly useful beam with a far-reaching center and significant surround light for maintaining situational awareness
- First press or click of the tailcap switch selects auto-adjusting IntelliBeam™ mode; return to off and press or click on again within one second to select max-output/tactical mode
- High-strength aerospace aluminum body, Mil-Spec hard anodized for extreme durability; weatherproof—O-ring and gasket sealed
- Coated, tempered window resists impact and thermal shock, maximizes light transmission
- Tailcap switch “locks out” to prevent activation during transport or storage
- Includes high-energy 123A batteries with 10-year shelf life
- Backed by SureFire’s No Hassle Guarantee